The rankings section contains a variety of list ranking from the Guru's personal rankings of courses and holes to national publication rankings.
The Guru's Rankings
- GOLF COURSE GURUS' TOP 100 Golf Courses in the United States: The top 100 courses the Gurus have played in the United States. This list includes both public and private courses. (Updated: September 2019)
- GOLF COURSE GURUS' Top 100 PUBLIC Golf Courses: The top 100 Public courses the Gurus' have played in the United States. When you don't have access to private courses; this is the list you need. (Updated: September 2019)
- GOLF COURSE GURUS' Top INTERNATIONAL Golf Courses: The Gurus have fallen in love with golf courses outside of America and find them to be some of the most fascinating experiences a golfer can have. This list ranks the best courses they've visited outside the U.S. including Scotland, Ireland, Canada, and Mexico. (Updated: September 2019)
- Best in State Course Rankings: Whether it is seeing courses in your own state or trying to figure out where to play on a golf trip, these lists are the Guru's favorite courses visited state-by-state. (Updated: March 2018)
- The Gurus Course Ranking Scale: Each course is given a grade similar to what you'd get in school. A+, B-, etc. This document breaks down the thought process behind each grade level.
- Top 100 Golf Holes: The Guru's favorite signature holes, difficult holes, and flat out stunning holes. The list consists of 33 par 3s, 34 par 4s, and 33 par 5s. (Updated: April 2018)
- Best in State Hole Rankings: Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals are awarded to the best par 3s, 4s, and 5s of each state. The holes impressed the Guru the most when he tee it up. (Updated: April 2018)
- Best Holes by an Architect: Every golf course architect has designed some great holes, as well as some duds. This list features a dozen of the game's biggest names in golf course design and lists their best holes, limited to those the Gurus have played to date. (Updated: October 2013)
The Guru's Lists
- 36 Hole Days: Few things are better than playing golf all day. Here is a list the best 36 holes days that the Gurus have participated in. (Updated: April 2018)
- Chicks Dig the Long Ball: The title of this group of lists comes from the classic Nike commercial featuring Atlanta Braves pitching legends Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine working out in order to hit homeruns. This collection of lists include the longest courses and holes the Gurus have played along with the most difficult ratings and slopes. (Updated: April 2018)
- Guru Statistics: Random lists that give to some insight to some of the head Golf Course Guru's travels. Lists include number of courses played in each state, by each architect, and by year designed. (Updated: April 2018)
- Overrated and Underrated: "Don't believe the hype" is a phrase made famous by Public Enemy and something every golfer has fallen victim to. Here is the Gurus' most overrated and underrated courses in comparison to national magazine rankings. (Updated: February 2016)
- The 18: Have you ever wanted to take the best holes from your favorite courses and combine them into one mega course? Well "The 18" is just that; a variety of fantasy course lists from the greatest 18, to the toughest 18, to the most affordable 18 and more. (Updated: January 2017)
- GOLF Magazine Top 100 Golf Courses: Ranked by a panel headed by Joe Passov, Golf Magazine's list of the 100 finest courses in America. (September 2017 - September 2019)
- GOLF Magazine Top 100 Public Golf Courses: The top 100 courses you can play, Golf Magazine's finest public-access courses in the country. (June 2017 - June 2019)
- GOLF DIGEST Top 100 Golf Courses: Golf Digest owns the distinction of having the oldest (est. 1966) and most commonly referred to rankings on the planet. (January 2019 - December 2020)
- GOLF DIGEST Top 100 Public Golf Courses: The list that Joe Q. Public relishes, Golf Digest's Top 100 public access courses in the country. (May 2019 - April 2021)
- GOLFWEEK TOP 100 Classic Golf Courses: Golfweek utilizes a unique ranking system that classifies courses as Classic (built prior to 1960) and Modern (built after 1960). This list focuses on the Classic courses. (May 2019 - April 2020)
- GOLFWEEK TOP 100 Modern Golf Courses: Golfweek utilizes a unique ranking system that classifies courses as Classic (built prior to 1960) and Modern (built after 1960). This list focuses on the Modern courses. (May 2019 - April 2020)
- GOLFWEEK TOP 100 Public Golf Courses: Golfweek's list of the best courses that don't require a membership or knowing the right person. Public golf, the core of the game. (May 2019 - April 2020)
Suggestions or Requests? Need an idea for a golf trip? Drop us an email letting us know the number of players involved, the budget, and number of days you want the trip to entail and we'd be happy to give you our thoughts on a trip you not only won't forget, but that you'll want to do over and over again.