The blog section features articles that focus on golf destinations across the globe.
This subsection features a series of articles about various golf destinations across the globe the Gurus have visited.
- Scrolf - The Ultimate Live Leaderborad for your Golf Tournament. Ever wondered what it would be like to be in the Ryder Cup knowing your match would decide your team's fate? Or about needing a birdie on the 18th to win at Augusta? With Scrolf's live scoring, you can get that feeling for your event.
- The Home of Golf. An 11 day mega trip to the UK consisting of the best golf course in England and Scotland as well as commentary on great food, accommodations, and experiences.
- Grandma’s Ashes, Geoff with a G and Streamsong Resort. A winter journey to the Sunshine State where good food, questionable accommodations, and great golf were all highlighted.
- The Emerlad Isle, Where Beauty meets Brilliance. An epic 10 day journey full of incredible golf, new food, and generous accommodations across, around, and back across one of the prettiest countries in the world; Ireland.
- Fazio Design. Rich Shipp's analysis and insights on some of Tom Fazio's finest designs.
- An Oasis in the Desert. A trip to The Phoenician in Scottsdale offers scenic golf at a Five-Diamond resort.
- Gene Bates Does it Again. The Gurus head out to Western Washington for a visit to Salish Cliffs Golf Club and Little Creek Casino and Resort.
- Golf in the Land of Enchantment. Albuquerque has a lot of great historic traditions, but it is now blazing a new trail by offering stellar golf.
- Best, Fairest and Toughest Championship Course. After hosting the PGA Championship in 2003, Ernie Els and Tiger Woods sang Oak Hill's praises as the best test a championship course could offer. What will 2013 bring?
- Bear Lake Idaho vs Bear Lake Utah. It's a throwdown versus the two course found near Bear Lake; the stunning mountain body of water that stradles the Idaho/Utah border.
- Faldo in Big Sky Country. Nick Faldo has given Montana it's best new public golf course, The Wilderness Club in Eureka near the Canadian border.
- Acre for Acre, the Best Course. Located on about 120 acres, Merion's East course is the finest course per acre I've ever found.
- Earth's Most Photogenic Course. While some may argue there are better courses in the world, it would be a difficult arguement to say one is prettier than Cypress Point in California.
- Aquaphobia. If you have a fear of water, Crosswater Golf Club in Central Oregon could be your worst nightmare.
- The Masters. Attending a round at the Masters; a bucket list item indeed.
- A Rebirth in the Desert. An article on the Jack Nicklaus designed SouthShore Golf Club in Henderson, NV featuring an interview with Head Professional Mir Wais.
- Idaho's Gem in the Gem State. An article on Gozzer Ranch Golf Club in Harrison, ID featuring an interview with Head Professional Matt Baine.
- Coeur d'Alene Resort . . . the experience. An all inclusive report on the golf course, lodging, dining, and amenities at Northern Idaho's 5 star resort.
- From Sand Dunes to the Rockies. Bill, Daren, and Jay load up for a 2 1/2 day trip where they play Sand Hills, Ballyneal, and Sanctuary.
- March Madness. Bill, R.Jay, Tom, and Spence load up and take off to Las Vegas to watch the 2010 Mountain West Conference basketball tournament and to pick up some golf.
- California Love. Bill hauls his family down to Southern California to enjoy the sun, Disneyland, and of course, some golf.
- It's Fazio's World, You're Just Golfing in It. The most prolific modern-day golf course architect routes a pair of gems in the Gem State.
- Life at the Mansion. The families gather together to participate in a retreat to Provo, UT where we stay in a 'mansion' down on the river.
- Bay Area Bliss. Bill and Stac enjoy five days of kids-free living as we vacation to San Francisco and Monterey.
- A Tribute to the Past. My Dad and I take a five day golf trip to the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," Minnesota. My Dad lived there for a summer and a return trip was my 60th birthday present to him.
- Value Golf Throwdown!. An article that faces off two of the West's best destinations for value golf; Salt Lake City and Spokane.
- What if You Were a Millionaire?. If you were a millionaire where would you buy a second home? Jackson Hole is stunning and offers some excellent golf clubs to join.
- Killer Food and Great Golf. The Gurus take a five day trip to the Lone Star State.
- Everything You Hope and Expect Idaho to Be. Bill, Mike, Steve, and Troy take a two day trip to the Boise/McCall, ID area.
- No Tiger Sighting in Jackson. Billy, RJay, and Steve head off to the Tetons for 36 holes.
- I'll Take the Classic Double with Cheese Please. Sometimes you need to splurge and play a more expensive course than usual. In Utah, Johnny Miller's Thanksgiving Point Golf Club is that course and it features some dazzling par threes.
- Idaho's Cruel 18. A compilation of Idaho's 18 most difficult holes throughout the Gem State.
- Viva Las Vegas! Utlimate Golf Trip. An article from the Ultimate Golf Trip series. This article focuses on a 3 day trip of high end public access golf.
- Moments You Cherish. A day at earth's most beautiful course; historic Cypress Point Golf Club.
- Deep in the Heart of Texas. Four rounds of golf in Texas' largest city; Houston.
- Intro from Bill. Introduction from Bill and his writing style.
This sub-section is dedicated to commentary applicable to the world renowned Bandon Dunes Resort on Oregon's southern coast.
- Bandon Dunes Winter Golf Trip. This blog includes excerpts from emails I sent to a dozen guys I took on a trip to Bandon Dunes in November 2016 with some things to expect and plan for.
- Bandon Dunes Schedule and Cost 2016. This is the official schedule for the Bandon Dunes 2016 trip including matchups, game formats, and dining plans.
- Redan me!. The famous Redan hole design is featured twice at Bandon Dunes Resort, this commentary focuses Redan's history and some of its famous locations.
- Links Golf . . . You're Wrong!. Commentary focused on they myths of links golf and what it takes to truly be considered a links course.
- Bandon Dunes. Sometimes you simply can't beat the original, and that is more than one patrons' opinion of the 1999 track that started it all on Oregon's rocky coast..
- Pacific Dunes. The course that launched Tom Doak's career and Bandon Dunes Resort's reputation can be attributed to this highly acclaimed design.
- Bandon Trails. The dynamic duo of Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore were commissioned to design a tree-lined inland offering with scarce ocean views countered by the most engaging terrain found at Bandon.
- Old Macdonald. Named after Charles Blair Macdonald, the father of American golf architecture, Old Mac is a modern take on C.B. Macdonald's famous template holes as well as some original Doak designs.
This sub-section is dedicated to articles written by friends of the Gurus.
- Golfin' on the Grand Strand. Highlights of nine courses found in the Myrtle Beach area.
- Streamsong Resort. Some people call it Bandon Dunes East; other than the ocean, take a trip here and you'll know why
- Highlands Reserve. Affordable, Walkable and Just Plain Fun!
- 5 Golf Holiday Destinations. Looking for an international golf trip idea? Here are some ideas.
- Hennie Otto: Giving Pro Golf Another Great Comeback Story. The a glimpse into Hennie Otto's professional golf comeback.
Suggestions or Requests? Need an idea for a golf trip? Drop me an email letting me know the number of players involved, the budget, and number of days you want the trip to entail and I'll be happy to give you some thoughts on a trip you not only won't forget, but that you'll want to do over and over again.